Top Tips You Need to Know for Industry Standards:
- Most importantly, make sure your nails are done professionally, every detail is noticeable on camera.
- Always follow the instructions given to you on Call Sheets.
- If no information on nails is provided, French tip is always the safe route to go.
- Two colors, red and French tip, make up the majority of requests from shooters for fingernails and toenails and it is a very crucial component to arriving on set prepared.
- It is okay to have a clear or natural shade as well, UNLESS OTHERWISE INSTRUCTED.
- If you have your nails painted a wild color, you run the risk of being sent home from a shoot – it is best NOT to test the odds.
- Keep your nails short and clean at all times, you never know when a shoot opportunity will present itself.
- No chipped polish is EVER acceptable!
Remember: As you choose your polish, gels and shellacs have a better longevity, and is a good investment to consider when going to the salon.