Check to see if a hair stylist is provided.
If you are having your hair done at the shoot, arrive with clean, dry hair.
Keep It Simple:
- If you are doing your own hair for a shoot, keep it simple.
- Wear your hair how you would if you were going out.
- The key is to have polished, professional looking hair.
Show Up Prepared for Anything:
- Bring hair styling tools/products with you to shoot even if you are having hair and makeup provided.
- Depending on the shooter, they may want you to touch up in-between takes.
Don’t Show Up with Pink Hair:
- Most importantly you should NEVER arrive to set with a crazy hair color. (Pinks, blues, purples, etc.)
- Therefore, the color should either be natural or colored naturally.
- Highlights are okay as long as the look is natural.
Wait Until the Last Minute to Put in Your Extensions:
- Hair extensions are a great option for girls with short hair or those who want versatility.
- If you choose to use extensions, put them in before you arrive to set EVEN IF YOU HAVE A MAKEUP ARTIST.
- Most makeup artists will not put in your extensions for you.
Remember: It is better not to take the risk of assumption.